This eighth revised edition of the UN Recommendations of Transport of Dangerous Goods: Manual of Tests and Criteria, takes account the amendments to the 7th edition.
The new amendments adopted in 2022 which include:
- The addition of organic peroxides and polymerizing substances to the list of substances which should not be tested in the self-heating test, to avoid false positives;
- A recommendation to use close-cup tests over open-cup tests for determining flash points;
- New provisions for the testing of sodium-ion batteries;
- Amendments to the classification of desensitized explosives according to the Globally Harmonized System;
- Other clarifications and corrections.